Sunday, August 23, 2009

A lot to share

Well, it has been ages since I blogged, I know. Everything has been so hectic of late, and there never seem to be enough hours in the day anymore!So, I got to it tonight, and decided to overhaul the blog, and post too!
I haven't been scrapping as much recentl;y, as a matter of fact, I hadn't been in my room much for WEEKS( unheard of)but the last two weeks have seen my mojo return:) Lovin it!! I have been pottering around with some different stuff, and also using stash that I have had for yonks too- always a bonus!!!
Today, we went to a Cool Companions party for one of Aleisha's school friends. The kids had a ball- there were three lizards, a Shingleback, a Blue Tongue,and a Spiky Tailed, also two snakes( shudder) a turtle( which slept through the party,lol) and a CROCODILE!!! His name was Snappy Tom, and he was a huge hit with the kids! Any how, I took the camera along-really hard spot to get decent shots, and I couldn't ask the dude to move all the critters for camera position,lol. Aleisha loved Stripey the Blue Tongue, and had a hold:) Bianca was zooming about too, and she loves the snakes-so she had her photo taken with one- the kids had to stand like "trees", hence the folded arms,lol!
I can't remember this snake's name- but it was only a wee one:) I decided to be brave- more for the fact that all the kids there are in Aleisha's class, and I help out, and they would never let me live it down if I didn't have a go- I am so proud, I held a SNAKE!!!!!! For those that know me, I am PERTIFIED, SCRAED S #*tless, of snakes, and of course, I enede up with the BIGGEST ruddy one there-her name was Flower.....an Olive Python, and I think about 5ft long-what was I thinking?????? I forgot to upload the photo,der, so will share next time...still can't believe I did it.
Now, for some exciting news- BON'S SCRAPS IS LOOKING FOR DESIGN TEA MEMBERS!!! Could it be you? The comp starts this week, and there are a few things you need to know before you put your name down to try out!!
*** You must be a regular forum user, chat like you would if on the team,start discussions,etc.
*** There are two spots available.
***There are four rounds to the competition.
***Registraiotn is on now- so get over there and register, chat as you would regularly, and give it a go!! Bons is a lovely place to visit- great forum, lots of laughs, and an inspiring gallery too!!!
I have done some layouts for some recent Bon's challenges-firstly Sandie's August class- this was fun, and I love having a laptop now!!

I didn't have the kit, so I improvised with what I had for this one- but such a fun layout to scrap!!! Thanks Sandie:)

I also did this one for the August sketch:) I apologise about the bad photo- long story, but the little camera I used is crap:(
Love how this turned out- used some old pp for it, and bitsand bobs from my stash- lov it!!


Now for my oops- I uploaded the wrong file....I am such a doofus with a computer!


Well, I am off to scrap some more! More coming to share, so stay tuned!!!!



3 comments:

Paula said...

Lovely layouts Shelly, hope you get back into the scrapping soon! Good on you for holding the snake too...LOL, I wouldn't do it! x

Sam said...

Love the LO's Shelly... good on you for holding a snake... I did it earlier this year and even though petrified it was empowering to do something you never thought you would!

Giovanna Scott said...

the girls look great with their wildlife friends lol
great layouts miss shelly xx