Monday, April 20, 2009

It's been awhile....

So grab your cuppa, and get comfy, coz we could be here all night,lol! I have sooooo much to share, and even then I don't think I have uploaded everything! I will start with one of my faves- I adore the recipe scraps over at FOREVER ALWAYS- and who wouldn't when you end up with a layout like this??? Our chef last week was the ravishing Renae- and thi is the gorgeous layout I created from her recipe. Love the way it turned out...even if I didn't quite follow directions, and forgot my left and right,lol! The added bonus is that I did this layout from stash scraps too- gotta love that!Last wekend was the fun of Cybercrop..and I pulled out some old photos for these layouts, and scrapped away!:)The first one is for Sonia's challenge,she chose the most awesome photo for inspiration. A fairly simple layout, but it turned out kinda cute!
That was such a fun day- and Aleisha looks so little in the photo!Paula's challenge was a FUN one- you had to use the word fun on your layout, and bright colours, with a cluster. Well, this is what I came up with, and Richard is gonna kill me when he sees I have scrapped him,lol!The things you do with a few Bundys under your belt!


Sorry about the not-so-straight photos- it's a miracle I got them here at all, with dogs trying to stick their heads in shots!Next is my layout for Kye's criteria-this photo is of my big brother Stephen, and was taken in either 1983, or1984. I haven't scrapped any photos from years ago for ages, and originally I had this out for the colour combo challenge. I used an old onion bag on this layout- even recycling while scrapping!

I am totally in love with Thickers......love their fonts!!!
If you haven't already, you really need to check out the challenge over at SONGBIRD SCRAPS. The songs to choose from are Kasey Chambers" CAPTAIN" lyrics, or Cold Chisel, 'When The War Is Over"- I went with Chisel-love Barnsey, and couldn't get the flow happening with Kasey- even though I had photos from her concert, and tickets....just didn't happen for me. I had to scrap another photo of Aleisha in her Easter Hat!





I can't believe she is nearly five now- what happened to my little baby???Speaking of babies, my friend Carmen has the CUTEST little puss, called Opal. I took my camera over to show Carmen the other week, and Opal was jumping around on her scratch post like a mad thing. I honestly didn't think she would stay there, much less look at the camera! I was really happy with this one- animals are so much harder to photograph than kids!!!



Now, onto some cards! The first one is a card I made for my M-I-L, as it is her birthday in a couple of weeks. Cuttlebug Challenges has some great inspiration, the theme for this weeks challenge was numbers. I had already started this card, so I thought I would finish it off with some numbers run thru the Cuttlebug.




Not quite how it looked in my head, but that's okay- I won't eneter that card- you should see the AMAZING stuff other people have done-think i will wait for this weeks challenge,lol!
I have been making up Mother's day cards too, still have two to go, but I was happy with this one-







I love 3d fiddly stuff, and the papers for this have been buried in my stash for ages...I love Orchids!I did try to upload the close-up- but Blogger didn't like that photo for some reason:( Temperamental thing!!!
Well, I am off to scrap some more- my A2Z challenge, an Evil random Challenge, and hopefully a sketch, or Scrap The boys page,maybe??? I would like to do some challenges for Bons too this month-time is running away. I joined ther after having a win to spend in Bons shop, and try to keep up with the chat, but the girls there out-talk me!!!
Take care, and thanks for stopping by- it really makes my day when you say hi!






No comments: