Friday, April 24, 2009

Woohoo- I love Darkroom Door!

I have had the most fantastic week- good kids,lots of reading, and going out to play with the Canon....and being asked by Rachel Greig from DARKROOM DOOR if she could feature these next two projects on their blog!!!!!! OMG- to say I was excited was an understatement!!! I sent an email to Rachel, showing her what I had created with the stamp set I had won, and a layout I had done with other stamps from their range- not expecting to be asked if they could feature my work. Wow, and thankyou so much is all I can say- I am on a scrapping high!!!! This first layout is one I did with a shot I took the other day while out playing........I created this one for the April challenge at INKURABLE STAMPERS. The colour combo is Orange, Black and White. I thought this shot would work well with the Darkroom Door photography stamps, and I am so stoked with the way it turned out!
My card that I used some of my Wilderness set for:) I still love this card!Make sure you go and check out the Darkroom Door blog...their stamps are to die for,and Rachel's photography is delicious too! I will add a link over in the sidebar to them- might need Jacob's help there, coz at the moment blogger is giving me grief:(

Do you like my little butterfly? I put my hand up to do the Random Challenge over at the fabulous Forever Always!! You had to use paper piecing, and I have an Annie Lang pattern book from years ago....so I thought I would use it again. I put this little cutie on here:-


I really love the way this turned out- a very me layout, fiddly cutting, some stitching,flowers, and my new found passion, stamping:) The Basic Grey papers are luscious too!
Now for a photo share- I haven't taken any photos for a couple of weeks, and have been itching to play. My friend asked me if I could take a photo for her of a plant at her aunt's house....after i had taken those photos, I mosied around the garden, and found this little fellow. This is the photo from my layout above:)




I was so proud of this one- I zoomed up on the web on my camera, and the water droplets on the web are crystal clear- i loooove my camera!!!!I also took this in colour, but like it better in B&W- the web is much more visible.
We then went to the Botanical Gardens at Redcliffe, and I had a great time snapping away there too! I haven't uploaded all the pics yet, so I will share more next post:)This Gum had me intrigued, I love the shed bark hanging on the bough, and the fact that the texture really shows in B&W.



Just a random thing I saw, but loved, so i had to take a photo!






These purple flowers were amazing, and I was pretty happy with how clear this photo came out, considering the wind was up, and the flowers kept moving- oh, and I don't yet have a macro lens either!I just love the colour- and no, they haven't been edited- I haven't the foggiest how to use Picasa yet!
Well, I must be off, thanks for stopping by my little corner of the world. I have done some other stuff, which I can't share yet- I hope to get my first bons challenges done this weekend, and a swag of others too. Take care!!





4 comments:

Sonia said...

You really are getting in the groove with your Canon - loving the b&w conversions too.

Mal said...

love the photos shelly! and your pages are gorgeous! I particularly loved the one of your hubby LOL...bet he wasn't happy with that one!!!!!

Peggy said...

Great photos, wish I had a camera like that, but then I probably wouldn't know how to use it LOL.
Congratulations on being featured!
xxx Peggy

di basnett said...

Congratulations Shelly. That's fantastic news. Well done.