Sunday, March 22, 2009

Sorry I have been MIA-

As if we didn't already have enough to do in our lives, our computer decided to die...grrrr..you don't realise how much time you devote to them until that happens! I have some goodies to share, though I must say, I have been a little slack-without a computer to share them, I haven't done as mush scrapping as usual! All sorted now, so that should see a return to the late nights, and the blogging merrily again!
In the last week, I have also finished my firsat photography course, and I am so sad it ended! Thankfully, it looks as though we will have a second one, starting in June...and I am also going to google correspondence courses too. I have been bitten by the bug hugely, and find myself with nose in DSLR magazines, books, and looking wistfully out the window at sunsets...I know, I am a sad case,lol!I have also started to set myself up to take it to the next level, and get evn better at it! My poor family will really be sick of my lens soon!
Okay, well, what can I share- firstly, I recently went to a friend's 40th birthday bash, and she had an '80's dress up party- it was AWESOME fun, and of course, I took my camera:). Well, the theme for this month at Pink With 1 blog, is LIME AND PINK, and guess what, they were the colours for her party, so I decided to make her a mini album, with the shots I took. I made a card for her too, a little simple, but I liked it:)The flower on there is actually 3d- I was having a bad lighting day, not to mention that I also have two dogs that are vain, and want their photo taken,lol!
I really hope Kelane likes it- will have to drop it off this week, and have a natter at the same time.Oh, my next layout has her gorgeous little boy on it- he was hamming it up for the camera, and I love the photos I got of him! I have done this one for the Mid Month sketch, at the ever fantastic, most beloved FOREVER ALWAYS!Not quite to plan that one, I had more in mind for it, but a particular young daughter of mine decided to get into my inks the other day, while I was at work, and filled the corner of this layout with hot pink ink...so I had to cover it up, I didn't have anymore green card that colour- by jingo I was stroppy when I found my layout!!!!


My last share for today, is the layout I did for the super spunky renae's sketch at FOREVER ALWAYS!!! This is me with Anna, my friend of many years. I went with my family to her boys' christenings the other day, and we went back to her place afterwards.We haven't had a photo together in over 13 years- I should scrap an old one of us- ooh now I am inspired!!!!

The papers I used for this one, are the stunning Little Yellow Bicycle papers from Sonia. I have raised the flowers a little with foam tape, and added some bling. Hand-cut title( please ignore the dodgy d!)and the little stamped circle is one I recieved in a recent swap.Love it!!!
Well peoples, I have a mojo attack, and really wannna go scrap! I do have a couple of others to share, but will have to take some new photos, as they were lost in the computer illness. Have a great one, and thanks for dropping in!


1 comment:

Paula said...

The card & album look gorgeous Shelly, I'm sure your friend loves them!